- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Camel, Country Red, Hauser Lt. Green, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Peony Pink, Sapphire, Taffy Cream, Terra Cotta, Warm White
- Brushes: Loew-Cornell: La Corneille Golden Taklon: Wash/Glaze, Series, 7550, 1”; Script Liner, Series 7050, #1; Angular Shader, Series 7400, 1/4”; American Painter: Shader, Series 4300, #4, #12; Specialty: Round Scumbler, Series 2014, #4
- DecoArt Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte; Wood Sealer
- Wood dowels or pre-made pegs: 1/2”x3”, two
- Screw eye hooks (for hanging), two
- Wood shelf (15”x7”) and Everything Stencil (dot stencil and more) available through Betty Bowers
- Eclectic E-6000 Permanent Adhesive
Pattern - Ladybug Shelf
- 1. Fill any imperfections in shelf with wood filler. Use fine grit sandpaper to sand; wipe dust. Apply two coats sealer. Sand again; wipe dust.
- 2. Base dowels or pegs and top and underside of shelf with two coats Warm White. Base back and supports with two coats Taffy Cream.
- 3. Print out pattern; transfer basic details onto shelf.
- Plaid Border
- 1. Use #12 shader to base checks Hauser Lt. Green and Warm White. Shade Taffy Cream along edges of Warm White blocks. Use #4 shader and inky consistency Sapphire to paint blue line. In same manner, use inky consistency Peony Pink to paint pink lines.
- 1. Use inky consistency paint to paint flowers and leaves in several light coats then paint details with same color without water. Use Sapphire to paint petals on one flower and Peony Pink for other. Use scumbler to lightly pounce full strength paint over petals; let dry and repeat. In same manner as petals, base flower centers Terra Cotta and leaves Hauser Lt. Green.
- 2. Use liner and appropriate colors to outline and add detailing to petals, flower center, and leaves; paint stems Hauser Lt. Green.
- 3. Use Warm White to base comma strokes on flower centers; shade tips Terra Cotta. Randomly dot Terra Cotta along bottoms.
- 1. Base body Country Red and head Lamp Black. Use stencil to add Lamp Black dots; paint antennae. Add thin Warm White highlight line on head.
- 1. Use stencil to add Camel background dots and to shade edges of shelf back. Use Hauser Lt. Green to add vine and one-stroke leaves around shelf edge.
- 2. Attach pegs or dowels. Apply several sealer coats. Attach hooks to top back.