1. Use #10 or #14 shader or flat wash to do most floating. Use mop brush to soften floats, gently pouncing over water's edge. Dry brushing is done using chisel blender. All line work is done using script liner; always thin paint to inky consistency, fully load liner, then blot tip on paper towel.
2. Place cardboard under apron to prevent seepage on work surface. Tape pattern securely on two sides when transferring pattern. Use stylus or ball point pen to transfer design; push down on fabric with fingers around area so fabric is flat and can "receive" transfer; do not press too hard.
3. If using wet palette, use very little water in sponge to prevent paint from getting diluted. Use caution when floating to avoid using too much water and diluting paint. Cover open areas of fabric not being painted to protect against spills and splashes.
1. Wash apron with mild soap; do not use fabric softener. Hang dry and iron flat.
2. Print out pattern; transfer basic details. Base belly Mocha and belt Dk. Chocolate.
1. Float Terra Cotta just under "shirt"; darken either corner and walk out. Dry brush belly button Terra Cotta; darken with Burnt Sienna and again with touch of Lamp Black. Dry brush White highlights above belly button and along bottom of belly. Use 20/0 script liner and thinned Lamp Black to add curly hairs.
1. Float Lamp Black along top edge of belt under belly area only; float along either side of belly. Dry brush belt Antique Gold for distressed appearance. Use Lamp Black to float around belt end; use handle end of brush to add two "holes". Use #1 script liner and brush mix of Dk. Chocolate and White to highlight belt end and holes.
1. Use Lamp Black to float under belt and belly, along inside of pockets, and along left side of zipper opening. Use large deerfoot or old brush and White to dry brush worn down look on legs; dry brush pleat marks below pockets. Add Lamp Black lines between pleat marks. Use Antique Gold to stroke all stitch lines. Add Glorious Gold "buttons" on pocket seam lines.
1. Use deerfoot and White to dry brush highlights where shirt appears to be folded; dry brush Lamp Black between.
1. Undercoat mustard drops Antique Gold, then base Cadmium Yellow. Base ketchup drops Christmas Red. For mustard, shade Terra Cotta and for ketchup, shade with brush mix of Christmas Red and Lamp Black. Add White comma stroke highlights.
Wording and Crown
1. Base wording Antique Gold. Line Burnt Sienna along left side of each letter and use brush mix of Cadmium Yellow and White to line along right side.
2. Transfer crown. Base Antique Gold; shade Burnt Sienna along both sides. Use White to float back-toback highlight in center; wash Karat Gold over highlight. Add Christmas Red Pearl, Light Blue Pearl, and Bronze Metallic "gems". Add tiny little White highlights on right sides. Stroke Antique Gold sparkles around crown and smaller White sparkles. Add bright White sparkles to words.
1. Allow to dry. Follow manufacturer's directions to cure before washing.