Pattern - Etched Leaf Candle Shelters
- 1. Print out patterns. Trace leaves onto clear contact paper and cut out using scissors.
- 2. Cover work area with newspaper. Remove each bevel from packaging and position it, with beveled side down, on work surface. (Note: One package of bevels and mirrors will create one candle shelter.) Peel backing from leaf shapes; apply each leaf shape onto center of each bevel. Follow manufacturer's instructions on etching cream to apply cream to entire surface of bevel, covering leaf pattern. Repeat process for each bevel. Let set for five minutes; rinse using water.
- 3. Remove leaf pattern from surface. Rinse and dry glass.
- 4. Use pencil to draw 2"x2" square on newspaper covering work surface. (Note: Drawing will act as a guide when aligning sides of candle shelter.) Apply line of glue along one edge of bevel; press to next bevel at 90° angle forming one corner of candle shelter. (Note: Etched sides should be on inside of candle shelter.) Align sides using drawing to ensure 90° angle. Position drinking glass next to each side to keep bevels propped until adhesive is set. Repeat process to adhere remaining two bevels together.
- 5. Position both sets of adhered bevels together, forming cube. Apply glue along edges that touch and press together. Let adhesive set following manufacturer's instructions. Let dry completely.
- 6. Apply glue along bottom edge of cube; set cube on top of mirror square. Let dry.
- 7. Measure and cut 10" strip of Copper foil. Remove backing and adhere along top edge of cube. Repeat process to apply Copper foil to bottom of cube along mirror edges. Use craft stick to gently rub foil to adhere to glass. Let dry.