Lemon Tart Recipe
- DecoArt Americana Gloss Enamels: Baby Blue, Dioxazine Purple, Honey Brown, Indian Turquoise, Royal Fuchsia, True Blue, White
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel Aqualon: Script Liner, Series R2585, #1; Filbert, Series 2170, #12; Glaze Wash, Series R2700, 3/4”
- Crystallized Swarovski Elements: Round Dentelle Crystals, 2.00-2.10 mm
- Eclectic E-6000 Permanent Adhesive
- 12” Round Cake Plate with 4” pedestal (#5624); Cake Server (#5762); Sinoma Footed Fruit Bowl (#4893) from Maryland China
- Clear glass wine glasses
- Artist's Tips
- 1. When painting on glass, allow first coat to dry thoroughly before applying additional coats.
- Background and Flowers
- 1. Refer to painting chart.
- 2. Place Indian Turquoise, Royal Fuchsia, and Baby Blue on palette. Use glaze wash brush to randomly slip-slap colors covering entire area to be painted. (Note: Use painter's tape to mask off straight edges as needed.) Do not wash brush throughout entire process; continue to pick up colors. Repeat for second coat.
- 3. Place some White on palette. Sideload filbert with White plus any one of the three colors, blend lightly on palette with short back and forth motion; stroke petals. Again, do not wash brush throughout entire process.
- 4. Use filbert to float True Blue shadow at center of flowers; repeat process with Dioxazine Purple and Royal Fuchsia. Use same brush to reinforce White highlights here and there. Use liner to dab centers with brush mix of Honey Brown and White.
- 5. Use liner and White to work all tole strokes following embossed areas of china.
- 1. Allow paint to cure 21 days or allow painted project to dry 48 hours. Place in cold oven, set temperature to 325°, and bake for 30 minutes; turn off oven and crack open door. Allow project to cool before removing.
- 2. Glue crystals in place. (Note: Painted surfaces are not intended for direct contact with food. Because of jewels used, pieces are not dishwasher safe.)