- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Antique White, Asphaltum, Black Plum, Cadmium Yellow, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Light Buttermilk, Midnight Blue, Raw Sienna, Snow (Titanium) White, Soft Lilac
- Brushes: Loew-Cornell: American Painter: Angular, Series 4400, 1/4", 3/8", 1"; Craft Brush: White Nylon Liner, Series 5602, #10/0, #2, #4; La Corneille Golden Taklon: Shader, Series 7300, #6, #8, #12; Round Stroke, Series 7040, #1, #4
- Small scruffy angular brush
- Candle Block Votive Holder (#09-9428) Viking Woodcrafts
- DecoArt Americana: Acrylic Multi-Purpose Sealer; DuraClear Varnish, Matte
Pattern - White Winter
- Color Mix
- 1. Snow Mix = Soft Lilac + Snow White (1:1).
- 1. Sand wood smooth; wipe dust. Base entire surface with equal mix of Lt. Buttermilk + Multi-Purpose Sealer. Let dry and lightly sand smooth again.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer snow lines onto front of surface. (Optional: Repeat pattern on back of surface if desired.) Use Midnight Blue to base entire surface omitting snow area. Use Snow Mix to base snow area.
- 1. Use 1" angular to float Lt. Buttermilk along top edge of snow mounds, walking brush downwards. (Note: Make this a heavy float, but still allow some base color to show through). Repeat process using Snow White. Float just a touch of Cadmium Yellow along tops. Use Soft Lilac to shade behind front hill and along bottom of all hills. Repeat using smaller and very light shade of Black Plum.
- 1. Use small scruffy angular and Snow Mix color to tap in trees. Repeat. While second coat is still wet, tap Lt. Buttermilk. Let dry. Tap Snow White for final highlight. Add just a touch of Cadmium Yellow here and there. Use Soft Lilac to shade base of tree behind front hill and distant tree at right; repeat softly with Black Plum.
- 1. Base Antique White. Shade Asphaltum under roof lines and down left sides. Highlight Cadmium Yellow along right sides. Paint windows Lamp Black; use Snow White to line bottom of windows. Base door Raw Sienna; shade Asphaltum along left side. Base roofs Lt. Buttermilk; heavily highlight Snow White along tops. Shade Soft Lilac along bottom of roofs and along bottom of church and tree; shade again with Black Plum. Add very light Cadmium Yellow highlight to roofs.
- 1. Use Lt. Buttermilk to line large star and to randomly dot sky. Use Cadmium Yellow to line large star again and to dry brush glow over large star and dots. Use Snow White to spatter entire surface.
- 1. Apply several varnish coats.