Capture wedding day memories when you place keepsakes from your special day inside this beautiful personalized wedding box.
- Walnut Hollow Large Lancaster Wooden Trunk, 9”x5”x5-1/2” (38219)
- Plaid FolkArt Acrylic Paints: Wicker White, Licorice, Ivory White, Metallic Silver Sterling, Metallic Copper
- Darice Wooden Ball Knobs, 1”, four
- Color copy of wedding photo
- Plaid FolkArt Down Home Brown Antiquing Medium
- Plaid FolkArt Satin Artists’ Varnish
- Paintbrushes: round, #5; flat, #12
- Plaid Bottle Top Tip Writers (30728)
- Plaid Mod Podge Découpage Medium
- Wood glue
- paper trimmer, ruler, sandpaper, pencil, transfer paper, soft cloth, newspaper (to cover work surface)
Pattern - Wedding Box
- 1. Basecoat box Wicker White; sand lightly. Wipe clean with soft cloth.
- 2. Print out patterns. Transfer heart pattern around sides of box bottom.
- 3. Paint the following: lid, wooden knobs, and top box section Metallic Copper; base and bottom of pattern Silver Sterling; hearts Ivory White. Let dry. Adhere wooden knobs to each corner of box bottom.
- 4. Transfer lettering to lid and names and wedding date to underside of lid. Use bottle top tip set and Licorice to add pattern details and write lettering. Spatter paint box and lid Licorice; let dry.
- 5. Trim photo to desired size. Following manufacturer's instructions, use découpage medium to apply photo to lid. Follow manufacturer's instructions to antique lid and box. Apply varnish.
- 1. To create a bridal bouquet keepsake display, adhere floral foam inside box, then arrange dried flowers and ribbon from the bridal bouquet as desired. The wedding couple's name and date on the lid are the perfect background for this floral display.