Trash-to-Treasure Framed Chalkboard
Transform tired framed art into a fabulous chalkboard. The picture inside this frame was flipped over to provide a chalkboard painting surface. Most smooth surfaces work well.
- Large frame with ornate and embossed details
- Krylon Spray Paints: Interior/Exterior Gloss Satin Brown Boots, Ivory; General Purpose Metallic Gold; Black Chalkboard Paint
- Krylon Interior/Exterior White Primer
- Tack cloth
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 1. Follow manufacturer's instructions throughout.
- 1. Remove picture from frame. Sand frame and wipe dust with tack cloth.
- 2. Wearing latex gloves to protect hands, spray paint smoothest side of picture with Black Chalkboard Paint; let dry.
- 3. Apply primer to frame; let dry. Spray Satin Brown Boots in swaths in random areas of frame; let dry. Spray embossed areas, such as corners, Metallic Gold; let dry.
- 4. Paint over frame with Ivory. While still wet, wipe some paint from detailed areas of frame with rag. Let dry.
- 5. Place chalkboard in frame; adhere on back with glue gun.
- 1. For a different look, layer paint in another order, leaving Java Sea Brown as the predominant overall color.