DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Ocean Blue, Cadmium Yellow
Stickers: flowers, ladybugs, butterflies
Battery-operated tea light
Newspaper (to cover work surface)
1. Wash and dry recycled juice carton. Using photo as guide, use craft knife to cut 2-1/2"x3-1/2" rectangles (window openings) into sides of carton and 3/8" square (for tea light switch) into bottom of carton.
2. On covered work surface, paint bottom of carton Primary Yellow and top of carton Ocean Blue. Let dry.
3. Measure and cut 1"x4" rectangles (shutters) and 2"x4" rectangles (flower pots) from cardstock. Glue shutters and flower pots on carton. Cut 3" square (chimney) from red cardstock. Glue on top of carton.
4. Decorate flower pots with stickers. Use black marker to draw Grandma's and Grandpa's faces and write messages on sides of carton.
5. Print photos on vellum paper; cut out and tape to inside openings on carton.
6. Glue tea light onto bottom inside of carton centered on square cut-out. Glue top opening of carton closed.
7. Measure and cut tag shape from cardstock. Write message to Grandma and Grandpa on tag. Use hole punch to punch hole on tag end. Tie tag on ribbon length; tie around carton.
1. Adults, help kids when using craft knife.
1. Decorate your house luminary to match Grandma's & Grandpa's home!