Pattern - Firecracker Table Centerpiece
- 1. Measure and cut two 5"x6" blue and red felt rectangles. Wrap and glue rectangles around toilet paper tubes (small firecrackers). Let dry. Measure and cut 6"x12" blue felt rectangle. Wrap and glue rectangle around paper towel tube (large firecracker). Let dry.
- 2. Print and cut out patterns. Cut four small and one large wave from white felt. Cut two small red and two small blue firecracker tops. Cut one large blue firecracker top.
- 3. Glue small waves over seams on small firecrackers and large wave over seam on large firecracker. Let dry. Wrap and glue tops around one end of each firecracker. Let dry.
- 4. For wicks, measure and cut five 1-1/2" tan chenille stem lengths. Insert and glue chenille stem in top of each firecracker.
- 5. Measure and cut four 6" ribbon lengths and four 4" chenille stem lengths. Curl chenille stems around pencil. Glue ribbon and chenille stems around bottom of small firecrackers. For large firecracker, cut 8" ribbon length and 9"chenille stem length. Glue ribbon and chenille stem around large firecracker.
- 6. Decorate firecrackers with star stickers. Press alphabet stickers on large firecracker to spell "USA."
- 7. On covered work surface, paint chopsticks red. Let dry. Glue chopsticks on side of each firecracker.
- 8. Use plastic knife to cut plastic foam ball in half. Position ball-half on center of patriotic print fabric. Wrap fabric edges around ball, gathering at top. Cut excess. Glue fabric around top.
- 9. Insert large firecracker in center of plastic-foam ball. Insert small firecrackers around large firecracker. Glue silver star spray around base of firecrackers.