QC: Scrabble Place Markers
Scrabble Place Markers
Closeup View of Letters
- Silver Leafing Pen (Krylon)
- Xilion Light Rose AB crystals (Swarovski)
- Sand paper
- Tack cloth
- Quicker Poker Picker Upper tool
- Dazzle Tac Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- 1. Designer Margot Potter purchased a vintage Scrabble set in a game lot at a local estate sale for a quarter. She was planning to turn the letters into jewelry parts until it occurred to her what adorable place markers they'd make for a party! A little sliver leafing and a smattering of CRYSTALLIZED Swarovski Elements flat back crystals and they've gone from ho hum to fabulous!
- 2. To create these place markers, sand backs and sides of letters and letter stands. Wipe dust with a tack cloth. Use Silver Leafing Pen (Krylon) to apply leafing to back and sides of letters. Apply a thin line of sliver leafing around edges of front of letter. Let dry. Apply silver leafing to all exposed surfaces of letter stands. Let dry. Use stick end of Quicker Poker Picker Upper tool and dip into Dazzle Tac Glue (Beacon Adhesives). Place Xilion Light Rose AB crystals (Swarovski) on selected area of tile and use removable poker to gently lift sticky end from crystal. Let dry.