Joy Napkin Rings
Joy Napkin Rings
- Wooden napkin ring
- Sizzix Little Sizzles White Mat Board Pack
- Artificial holiday greenery or garland
- Miniature pinecones, ball ornament, artificial berry stems
- Clear acrylic rhinestones, 9mm
- Jump rings, 10mm, two
- Chain-nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine and Bigz Serif Essentials Die
- Paper punch, 1/16”
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Irish Moss, Antique Green, Antique White, True Red; Matte Spray Sealer/Finisher
- Fine glitter: red, green, light green, gold
- Beacon Adhesives: Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive, Zip Dry Paper Glue
- paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface), ruler
- 1. Use machine and die to cut letters for "joy" from mat board. Paint letters and napkin rings Irish Moss, Antique Green, Antique White, or True Red. Let dry.
- 2. In well-ventilated area, spray letters with sealer; while still wet, apply red, green, light green, or gold glitter. Shake off excess and spray with sealer again. Adhere letters together at edges to form word using paper glue. Punch hole at top of "o" using hole punch.
- 3. Cut 3" length of garland using wire cutters. Adhere garland to napkin ring using Gem-Tac. Adhere berries, pinecones, and ornament onto top of garland using Gem-Tac. Let dry.
- 4. Adhere jump ring to bottom of napkin ring under greenery using Gem-Tac. Let dry. Open remaining jump ring with chain-nose pliers and insert into punched hole on letter "o". Insert open end into jump ring on napkin ring to attach word. Close end with pliers. Adhere rhinestone onto top of ornament using Gem-Tac. Let dry.
- 5. Repeat Steps 1-4 to create additional napkin rings.