Halloween Window Hanger
Try as they might, these playful pumpkins are just too cute to cause a scare this Halloween season. Paint this quick-and-simple trio to add some fun to your Halloween décor.
- Wooden items: triangles, 1/4” thick, 2-1/2” tall, three; “BOO” letters, 3/16” thick, 1-1/2” tall
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paints: White, Tangerine, Black, Red Iron Oxide, Yellow, Pink Quartz
- Black craft wire, 20-gauge, 3” length
- Eye screws, 1/4” long, three
- Suction cups, three
- Green raffia
- Black thread
- Fishing line
- Royal & Langnickel Aqualon Paintbrushes: Flat Wash, Series 2700, 1/2”; Angular Shaders, Series 2160, 1/4”, 3/8”; Stencil, Series 1111, 1/4”; Liners, #1, 10/0
- Drill with 1/16” bit
- Craft glue
- scissors, ruler, tracing paper, pencil, pliers
Pattern - Halloween Window Hanger
- 1. Drill shallow holes in top of letters and triangles. (Note: The "O's" in "Boo" are placed at an angle.) Basecoat letters White and triangles (pumpkins) Tangerine. Apply random Black dots to letters using different size brush handles.
- 2. Using photo as guide and Red Iron Oxide, shade pumpkin segments and outside edges; highlight Yellow.
- 3. Print and cut out patterns; transfer faces. Dot eyes and paint details Black. Lightly shade bottom of noses with Red Iron Oxide. Add dot to each eye and highlight nose White. Drybrush cheeks with Pink Quartz.
- 4. Cut three 1" lengths from wire; bend each in half. Cut fifteen 2" lengths from raffia. Cut three 12" lengths from thread; fold each in half.
- 5. Holding one folded thread length and five raffia lengths together, insert centers between bent wire. Using pliers, twist wire to secure. Apply glue to wire ends and insert into top of pumpkin; let dry. Arrange and trim raffia as desired.
- 6. Insert eye screws in tops of letters. Tie pumpkins to letters with thread as shown. Attach suction cups to glass surface; tie fishing line to suction cups and eye screws to hang.