Pattern - Give Thanks Coasters
- 1. Cover work surface with newspaper. To prepare lid for painting, use paintbrush or sponge scrap to apply gel medium on inside area on lid. Let dry. Paint inside of lid white. Let dry.
- 2. Print out pattern. Transfer pattern onto white area on lid.
- 3. Paint background yellow and turkey brown. Let dry. Paint feathers orange, (1:1) mixture of white and brown, and red. Paint beak yellow and wattle red. Let dry.
- 4. Use marker to outline turkey and coaster with dotted and dashed lines. Write "Give Thanks" with hearts at top of coaster.
- 5. To seal, apply coat of gel medium. Let dry.
- 1. Prep lids with gel medium, white paint, and yellow background and have kids decorate with turkeys.
- 2. Enlarge this pattern to use with larger recycled plastic lids. Make fun reusable place mats or table decorations.