Front Porch Witch
Scrap wood, paint, and simple embellishments come together perfectly to create this Halloween porch greeter!
Front Porch Witch
- Scrap wood, 1/8” thick, 5-1/2”x13”
- Wooden items: alphabet letter “A”, 6” tall; paint stick; jumbo craft sticks, six; teardrop, 2-1/2”; teardrops, 1/2”, two; mini craft stick; circles, 1/4”, 1/2”
- Wiggle eyes, two each: 1/4”, 1”
- DMC Black Memory Thread
- Ribbon, 18” lengths: black, 2”-wide; orange/black polka dot, 3/8”-wide
- Saws: hand, band
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Citron Green, Plum, Lamp Black, Snow White, Pumpkin Spice
- Beacon Adhesives Premium Tacky Glue
- scissors, sanding block, cutting surface, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Size is approximate 17"x9".
- 1. Use band saw to cut scrap wood into 13" length. Sand edges and surface. Use hand saw to cut paint stick to 9" length. Sand cut edge on paint stick.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint as follows: 13" scrap wood (face) and 1/4" circle (nose wart) Citron Green; jumbo craft sticks (hair), mini craft stick (mouth), 2-1/2" teardrop shape (nose) Lamp Black; paint stick (hat brim), wooden letter "A" (hat top) Plum; two small teardrops (teeth) Snow White; 1/2" circle (spider's body) Pumpkin Spice. Let dry. Paint top 2" edge on face Plum. Let dry.
- 3. Refer to photograph to adhere pieces hat top and hat brim on top of face using tacky glue. Adhere three craft sticks, on each side of face, onto back edge of hat brim. Let dry. Adhere large wiggle eyes, nose, mouth, and teeth on face. Adhere wart on nose. Let dry.
- 4. Measure and cut eight 2" thread lengths (for spider legs). Adhere legs on back side of spider's body. Adhere spider onto hat. Bend legs and spot glue to secure. Adhere small wiggle eyes on spider. Let dry.
- 5. Layer orange ribbon on top of black ribbon on work surface. Wrap ribbon lengths around bottom of face and tie into bow. Spot glue ribbon on face to secure. Let dry.