Creative Paperclay modeling compound (Creative Paperclay Co.), one block
Acrylic Paints (Plaid): FolkArt: Metallic Plum; Metallic Sequin Black; Calico Red; Parchment; Autumn Leaves; Black; Apple Barrel: Medium Flesh
Glitter glue: black; silver
Grey wool roving
Black grosgrain ribbon, 1/8”
Cosmetic blush and cotton-tip swab
Hold The Foam Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
Paintbrushes: flat; liner
1. For head and body, place 1-1/2" foam ball onto top narrow portion of cone. Use toothpicks and glue to secure ball and cone together.
2. Roll modeling compound into thin sheets and cover head and body. Roll 4"x6" rectangle from modeling compound; use decorative-edge scissors to cut cape. Gently drape cape around witch's neck. For arms, roll two 1" lengths of modeling compound into log, tapering one end of each roll into slight point. Place arms in place under cape. Wet fingers and smooth out all seams, creating a smooth surface. For hat, shape a quarter-size amount of modeling compound into small cone. For brim, roll clay into thin half dollar-size circle. Wet bottom of cone hat and center on brim. For jack-o-lantern, insert toothpick into top of ball. Cover 1" ball with modeling compound. When dry, paint ball Autumn Leaves. Use liner to paint Black facial features and stem as shown. Trim stem.
3. Let all clay pieces dry thoroughly.
4. Sand all surfaces and wipe dust with damp paper towel.
5. Use flat paintbrush to paint witch's head and arms Medium Flesh, dress Metallic Plum, and cape and hat Metallic Sequin Black.
6. For nose, paint one 1/2" round toothpick length Autumn Leaves. Use needle to poke small hole in center of witch's face. Insert painted toothpick into hole.
7. Use liner to paint heart-shaped mouth Calico Red. Use pencil tip to dot eyes Black; let dry. Add tiny Parchment pupils to eyes. Use liner to paint thin Black eyebrows.
8. Glue hat to witch. For hair, glue small amounts of wool roving under hat.
9. Tie ribbon bow around neck.
10. Use black glitter glue to add details to bottom edges of dress and add buttons. Use silver glitter glue to add details to hat.