Americana Acrylics (DecoArt): Dark Chocolate; Soft Blue; Antique White
Antique finish drawer knobs with screws
Antique ephemera patterned paper
Round self-adhesive acrylic gems: clear; pearl
One Step Crackle Medium (DecoArt)
Duraclear Varnish (DecoArt)
Drill and 1/8” bit
1. Paint candle sticks Dark Chocolate. For short candle stick, rub candle wax randomly on surface. For tall candle stick, follow manufacturer's instructions to apply crackle medium. Paint short candle stick and one jar lid Soft Blue, and tall candle stick and one lid Antique White. When dry, apply varnish to lids. Sand surface of short candle stick and jar lids for distressed look. (Note: Designer's jar lids have print on them, which show through when sanded.)
2. Drill holes in tops of lids for drawer knobs. Drill hole in milk lid. Insert screw through bottom inside of lid and screw on drawer knobs. For blue lid, insert into milk and then inside bottom of jar lid. (Note: Brush milk carton lid with light coat of Dark Chocolate if desired.) Set lids aside.
3. Cut foam ball in half with knife. Glue to bottom of glass jar. Arrange birds and floral items, applying a small amount of glue onto ends to secure. Cut small bunches of moss to conceal foam ball. Make sure bird and floral items are arranged on top of inside.
4. Cut two 1-1/2"x12" strips from paper. Use Liquid Laminate to adhere strips around jar bottoms. When dry, adhere gems to strip edges.
5. Adhere candle sticks to glass jar bottoms. Let dry before handling. Replace lids and display.