Pattern - Four Seasons Tree: Winter
- 1. Print out patterns. Transfer pattern on canvas using graphite and stylus. Use brush to accommodate size of area to paint. To brush mixture, dip brush into paint color and apply to canvas; immediately pick up another color to blend into the wet paint on canvas.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint sky with brush mixture of Warm White, Soft Blue, Winter Blue, and Baby Blue painting in horizontal direction. Keep horizon lighter than top of sky area. Using glaze brush, add Warm White clouds by pouncing brush up and down on surface to achieve fluffy clouds. While paint is still wet, blend out bottom of clouds to soften into sky. Let dry.
- 3. Paint snow Warm White with touches of Winter Blue in foreground, ground terrain, under large evergreen tree, and snowman. Let dry.
- 4. Using rake, paint in center area of background tree Winter Blue with some taps of brush loaded with Warm White for snow on distant trees. Using rake, add more background trees in Burnt Umber, Light Cinnamon, and touches of Warm White. Paint Hauser Dark Green and Avocado on all evergreen trees. (Note: Do each tree individually so tree will be slightly wet to apply snow in Step 5.)
- 5. Using flat brush to accommodate size of each tree, tap brush to apply snow on each tree.
- 6. Paint tree limbs Burnt Umber and Traditional Raw Umber with highlights of Honey Brown. Add few clumps of snow in Warm White on some branches.
- 7. Paint snowman Warm White with Dove Grey around each section. Let dry. Paint arms Honey Brown and Burnt Umber. Paint some Dove Grey where arms go into body. Paint eyes, eyebrows, mouth, and buttons Lamp Black and add Dove Grey on left side of eyes and buttons to make these appear to be pushed into snow. Paint carrot nose Pumpkin; shade Honey Brown, and highlight Butter. Paint ear muff band Lamp Black. Paint ear muffs Purple Pizzazz and highlight with Pink Chiffon. Let dry.