Velvet Sentiment Planters
Clay pots aren't just for plants. Embellish them with your favorite paper-crafting products to create a unique holder for just about anything.
- Terra cotta pots, 6”, three
- Velvet sentiment stickers, white
- Ribbons of choice to coordinate with pots, three
- Acrylic paint, in colors of choice
- Indoor/outdoor varnish
- Therm O Web Zots Clear Adhesive Dots
- scissors, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Wash pot in warm, soapy water; let dry.
- 2. Paint pot desired color; let dry. Apply two to three coats of varnish; let dry.
- 3. Apply sticker saying to rim. Tie small ribbon bow; use adhesive dot to adhere bow just below rim.
- 1. If you can't locate velvet stickers, die cut sentiments from velvet or any fabric and adhere to your pots. Don't forget to try fabrics with texture or prints.
- 2. Line pots with plastic wrap before placing unwrapped food items inside.
- 3. Place coffee filter inside pot to keep soil from falling through hole in bottom.
- 4. Fill pot with wax beads, add a wick, and you've got a fantastic holiday candle.