Seaside Cottage Entertaining Set
Napkin Holder & Shakers
- Reclaimed items: wooden napkin holder; salt and pepper shakers; flat cork coasters
- World Map patterned paper (Gartner)
- White cardstock
- Wooden ovals, 1-1/2", two
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Salem Blue; Antique White; Dark Chocolate
- Jute twine
- Rubber stamps: Large Scallop Shell, Blue Crab (Expressions in Ink); Sand Piper, Conch Shell (Inkdinkado); alphabet, 1/2"
- Ink pads: Black StazOn (Tsukineko); Brown Chalk Ink (Clearsnap)
- Circle cutter
- Sanding block
- Tack cloth
- Wax candle
- Aleene's (iLoveToCreate): Original Tacky Glue; Paper Glaze
- Napkin Holder & Shakers
- 1. Lightly sand napkin holder. Wipe with tack cloth. Paint Dark Chocolate. Lightly rub surface with wax candle. Paint holder Salem Blue and ovals Antique White. Lightly sand surface of holder to reveal distressed finish.
- 2. Use black ink to stamp large scallop shell on sides of holder. Cut two 24" lengths from hemp and wrap several times around each end, knotting at front to secure. Use black ink to stamp "S" and "P" on ovals. Glue pieces to shakers as shown.
- 1. Trace coasters on wrong side of patterned paper with pencil and cut out. Use circle cutter to cut 3" circle from center. Use paper trimmer to cut white card stock shape 1/4" smaller than coaster size. Use black ink to stamp motif in center. Use Paper Glaze to decoupage card stock and patterned paper squares to coaster. Apply brown ink to edges.
- 2. Use napkin holder to hold coasters or place napkins in holder and use coasters separately.
- More Seaside Cottage Inspiration
- 1. Use your stamps, paints and leftover supplies to give the other reclaimed items a fresh beach chic look, including:
- 2. Galvanized Flowerpot Tins
- 3. Trays
- 4. Framed Art
- 5. Plaques/Signs
- 6. Candle Wraps
- 7. Clocks
- 8. Wooden Storage Crates
- 9. Canning Jars
- 10. Wooden Buoys
- 11. Wooden Oars (for wall art)
- 12. Lampshades
- 13. Bathroom Accessories