- DecoArt: Americana Acrylics: Antique White, Blue Haze, Burnt Sienna, Dark Chocolate, Fawn, Flesh Tone, French Vanilla, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Primary Blue, Sable Brown, Salem Blue, Sapphire, Snow (Titanium) White, True Ochre; Craft Twinkles: Crystal, Gold
- Brushes: Flat/shader: #1, #12, 1/4", 3/4"
- Brushes: Script liner, #2
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylic Multi-Purpose Sealer; DuraClear Varnish, Satin
- Wood frame, 8" square (3-1/4"x3-1/2" opening with 2-1/4" framed edges)
- Wooden country star, 2"
Pattern - Nativity Frame
- 1. Sand frame and star surfaces; wipe dust. Apply sealer; let dry. Sand again and wipe dust.
- 2. Use #1 flat to base entire frame Antique White for opaque coverage. Use #12 flat to base star with two coats True Ochre; apply Gold Craft Twinkles. Use 1/4" shader to shade Burnt Sienna along edges of bottom half of star.
- 3. Print out pattern; transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
- Hills, Buildings, and Sky
- 1. Use Fawn to base background hills and buildings. Use 1/4" shader and Dk. Chocolate to shade and add washy dental molding on buildings; highlight hills and buildings Antique White. Use 3/4" shader to base sky Blue Haze; apply Crystal Craft Twinkles.
- 1. Use #12 flat to base robe and head dress Salem Blue; shade Sapphire and highlight Snow White. Use 1/4" shader to base face Flesh Tone; shade Sable Brown. Use same brush to base halo French Vanilla; shade True Ochre. Apply Gold Craft Twinkles.
- Baby Jesus
- 1. Use Dk. Chocolate and 1/4" shader to base manger; use script liner to add straw lines. Use 1/4" shader to float Antique White horizontally across manger; shade Dk. Chocolate along outer edges. Use script liner to add French Vanilla and Sable Brown straw lines.
- 2. Use 1/4" shader to base face Flesh Tone; shade Sable Brown. Base halo French Vanilla; shade True Ochre. Apply Gold Craft Twinkles. Base swaddling Snow White; shade Sable Brown. Use script liner to pull True Ochre straw lines here and there, then pull tiny straw lines onto bottom of swaddling.
- 1. Use #12 flat to base robe and head dress Sapphire; shade Primary Blue. Use 1/4" shader to base halo French Vanilla; shade True Ochre. Apply Gold Craft Twinkles. Base face Flesh Tone; shade Sable Brown. Paint beard and staff Dk. Chocolate; shade Lamp Black.
- 1. Use 1/4" shader to float Sable Brown shadows behind Mary, manger, and Joseph. Use stylus to dot eyes Lamp Black.
- 2. Apply two coats varnish over entire frame avoiding star area. Glue star to top right corner of frame. Use black permanent marker to outline and add all detailing.
- 3. Optional: Instead of photo, cut a 4-1/2"x5" piece from cream textured cardstock. Sand lightly with sanding block. Use stickers or permanent marker to spell "O' holy night!" on center of cardstock. Loosely outline edges. Adhere cardstock to back of frame opening.