1. Use packing tape or contact paper to cover design area of pattern to prevent stylus from poking through paper. Place cardboard inside toaster cover. Print out pattern; transfer basic pattern lines omitting bowl details and strawberry hulls at this time.
1. Use dry or damp brushes; fabric paint should not be thinned with water. Use Transparent Medium whenever possible to float or thin paint for washes and line-work. Remove mistakes on areas not intended to be painted immediately with a wet brush and soap. Remove mistakes on painted areas with a wet brush; if mistake is not completely removed, basecoat again.
1. Use liner to paint Antique Gold. Repeat two to three times as needed.
1. Use appropriate size shaders. Base bowl Green; several coats may be needed for complete coverage. Use mix of Antique Gold + Antique Mum (2:1), and #4 shader and liner to add detailing. Use #8 shader to apply a small amount of Transparent Medium to shaded areas of bowl; float Pine Green over shaded areas. Let dry. Apply Transparent Medium to center of bowl; use mix of Green + Lt. Soft Sage (1:1) to highlight bowl down center walking color out toward shaded areas. Use liner and Lt. Soft Sage to add highlight to edges of rim and base. Use #4 shader and touches of Lt. Soft Sage to dry brush reflected vertical highlights in center one-third of bowl, rim, and base. Use Red Pepper to dry brush warmth here and there in shaded areas.
1. Refer to worksheet. (Fig. 1) Use #4 shader to undercoat berries Antique Mum. Basecoat Red Pepper; several coats may be necessary. (Fig. 2) Use shaders and Wine to float shading. Apply Transparent Medium to berries, one at a time. (Fig. 3) Use round brush and Cadmium Orange to dab highlight in center. (Fig. 4) Use shaders to blend edges. (Figs. 5 and 6) Repeat highlight with Antique Mum. (Fig. 7) Use tip of round brush to tap in strong Antique Mum reflected highlights; use liner and Wine to paint tiny seeds, the use Hauser Lt. Green to highlight seeds in center of berries.
1. Refer to worksheet; omit leaf on bowl at this time. (Fig. 1) Use shaders and Hauser Dk. Green to dry brush. (Fig. 2) Use Green to dry brush highlights. (Fig. 3) Use Antique Gold to add additional highlights here and there; use liner brush to paint Green stems and veins. For leaf on bowl, basecoat with mix of Hauser Dk. Green + Lamp Black; shade and highlight in same manner as other leaves.
Hulls and Tendrils
1. Refer to worksheet. (Fig. 1) Use round brush to base Hauser Dk. Green hulls. (Fig. 2) Dry brush Green highlights. (Fig. 3) Dry brush additional Antique Gold highlights.
2. Use liner brush to paint thinned Hauser Lt. Green tendrils.
1. Use #8 shader and Transparent Medium to wet area under bowl and berries. Pick up small amount of Antique Gold on brush and scrub into wet area. When dry, add touches of Red Pepper here and there.
1. Allow paint to cure 48 hours. Follow paint manufacturer's directions for laundering.