Flea Market Garden Décor - Garden Patchwork Shelf
Garden Patchwork Shelf
- Reclaimed wooden miniature shelf, 10”x14”
- Basswood, 1/4”x2”
- Wooden appliqué (Ornamental Moldings), 9” across
- Amethyst glass cabinet knob
- Coordinating patterned papers
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Antique Green; Plum; Dried Basil Green; Metallics Shimmering Silver
- Weathered Wood (DecoArt)
- Clear self-adhesive acrylic gems, 10” strip
- Mod Podge (Plaid)
- Foam brush
- Paper trimmer
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue (iLoveToCreate)
- Sanding block
- Tools: Scroll saw; drill and 1/4” drill bit; screwdriver
- 1. Cut basswood to same length as shelf. Lightly sand strip and shelf; wipe dust. Paint basswood strip and cabinet Dried Basil Green and appliqué Plum. Dry brush appliqué Shimmering Silver. When shelf is dry, follow manufacturer's instructions to apply Weathered Wood to shelf. Apply Antique Green topcoat. When dry, cracks will appear with a weathered appearance.
- 2. Use paper trimmer to cut 2"x2-1/8" squares from patterned paper. Use foam brush to coat back of squares and inside portion of shelf with Mod Podge. Apply squares one at a time, approximately 1/2" apart.
- 3. Drill hole in top of cabinet and attach cabinet knob. Glue basswood strip to top front of shelf and appliqué to center of basswood. Adhere gems to shelf as shown.