Spackle (available in hardware section of home improvement stores)
Ceramic bowl, 5” to 6”
1. Apply thin even layer of spackle onto each egg and let dry.
2. Sand eggs until smooth.
3. Use flat paintbrush to apply thin coat of gesso. Let dry.
4. Fill in uneven spaces on egg with more spackle. Repeat sanding and gesso. (Note: Some unevenness give the egg a unique texture.)
5. Paint eggs Sky Blue or Vintage White. Let dry.
6. Mix equal parts Burnt Umber with water. Use stiff brush to spatter paint eggs with mixture. If needed, tap egg with more Burnt Umber creating splotches of color.
7. When dry, apply varnish.
1. Use wire cutters to cut 14" square from chicken wire. While wearing gloves, place ceramic bowl in center of wire. Use bowl as guide to wrap wire around bowl. Carefully remove bowl from wire. Wire should now resemble nest shape. Continue to mold wire with gloved hands until desired shape is achieved.
2. Place moss and excelsior between holes of wire.
3. Secure moss and excelsior to nest with floral wire.
4. For a vintage look, spray nest with glossy wood tone paint.
5. Fill nest with speckled eggs. Place nest onto glass candleholder.