Craft Marketing Corp.
- Wooden frame, 11”x12-1/2”
- Embossed Wood Pieces (Walnut Hollow): 2-3/4”x5”, three; 2”x2”, two
- Gold bookplate, 3/4”x3”
- Rub ‘n Buff (American Art Clay Co.): Autumn Gold; Antique Gold
- Color Tool Spray Color (Design Master): Antique Gold; Copper; Dark Chocolate
- Craft Bond Wood Craft Glue (Elmer’s)
- Gold parchment-look paper, 2”x3”
- Saw-tooth hanger
- Gold brads, 1/4”, 10
- Black permanent marker or computer and printer
- Glue dots
- Craft snip
- Paper plate
- Paper towels
- Old newspapers
- 1. Sand frame and wipe dust.
- 2. Glue wood pieces evenly spaced to frame. Let dry.
- 3. In a well-ventilated area, with work surface covered with old newspapers, spray frame Dark Chocolate. Spray paint brads Copper and bookplate Antique Gold. Let dry.
- 4. (Note: Rub ‘n Buff has a paste-like consistency.) Place a small amount of Autumn Gold Rub ‘n Buff on paper plate. Use fingertip to pick up very small amount of color. Rub it evenly and thinly over raised areas of wood pieces with a gently, rubbing motion. Also apply it around outside and inside edge of frame, using a tapping motion against the edges of the frame. Let dry.
- 5. Use craft snip to carefully cut prongs off brads. Attach brads to frame with glue dots.
- 6. Write or print name on parchment paper. Place paper inside bookplate. Glue bookplate to frame.
- 7. Attach saw-tooth hanger to back of frame.
- 1. Apply Rub ‘n Buff to frames with different embossed textures as shown in photo. Apply different colors of Rub ‘n Buff, which range from greens, purples and blues to metallic gold and silver. Decorate metal or wire frames with Rub ‘n Buff to add interest and depth. Apply Rub ‘n Buff to mirror frames for an elegant look on a budget.