"BOO" - Wahaha
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Antique White, Burnt Orange, Cadmium Orange, Cool White, Dark Pine, Grape Juice, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Olive Green, Primary Yellow, Russet
- Brushes: FM Dynasty Black Gold, Series 206: Flat Wash, 1"; Angular, 1/2"; Shader, #4, #12; Round, #2, #3; Liner, #1; Script, #1
- Martha Stewart Crafts Onyx Glitter Tinsel
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Multi- Purpose Sealer; Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte; Control Medium; Craft Twinkles, Crystal
- Boo Plaque (#H137) from Coyote Woodworks
Pattern - "BOO" - Wahaha
- 1. Use flat wash to apply multi-purpose sealer over surfaces. Let dry. Use Lamp Black to base letters and bottom of stand. Base top and sides of stand Burnt Orange. Lightly sand pieces; wipe dust. Base again using same colors.
- 2. Use damp sea sponge and Lamp Black to lightly sponge stand. Use script liner and thinned Cool White to freehand cobwebs along front side edge of stand.
- 3. Use #12 shader to lightly apply Control Medium over front of "OO's". Use same brush to slip-slap following colors over "OO's": Burnt Orange, Dk. Pine, Olive Green, Grape Juice. While wet; use clean slightly damp sponge to lightly sponge over area, bringing colors slightly together. Let dry. Lightly spray "OO's" with sealer.
- 4. Print out pattern; transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
- Ground and Pumpkins
- 1. Use #12 shader and Lamp Black to base ground area. Use angular to float Grape Juice along top edges of ground. Use #3 round and Cadmium Orange to very simply paint pumpkins using two strokes for center section and one stroke on each side. In same manner, highlight sections Primary Yellow.
- Moon, Bats, Trees, and Tombstones
- 1. Use #12 shader to undercoat moon Antique White; base Primary Yellow.
- 2. Use 1/2" angular to shade Russet along left side; lightly highlight Cool White along tip right.
- 3. Use #2 round and Lamp Black to paint bats on moon, over house and tree.
- 4. Loosely paint trees Lamp Black; pull branches upward. Use liner to stroke Primary Yellow highlights and to paint faces. Paint bushes in same manner.
- 5. Base tombstones Lamp Black; use liner to stroke Primary Yellow highlights.
- House and Ghost
- 1. Use #4 shader to base Lamp Black. Use liner and Primary Yellow to paint windows and to lightly highlight. Use #2 round and thinned Cool White to paint ghost.
- 1. Use chisel edge of 1/2" angular and thinned Cool White to pull fog across fields and trees.
- 1. Spray with sealer. Use #12 shader to apply Craft Twinkles over "B"; while wet, sprinkle heavily with Onyx glitter.