Van Gogh Sunflowers
Sakura of America
- Heavyweight drawing paper, 9"x12"
- Tissue paper: yellow, green, brown
- Seeds, assortment of colors and shapes
- Sakura Cray-Pas oil pastel crayons
- Real sunflowers (to aid in painting)
- Craft glue
- scissors, ruler, stapler and staples
- 1. Have each student practice drawing a sunflower on a 9"x12" piece of drawing paper. When students are satisfied with their drawing, have them go over their sketch with pencil.
- 2. Use oil pastel crayons to blend colors on sunflowers.
- 3. Cut out sunflower.
- 4. For seed centers, cut 1" tissue paper squares. Roll squares onto small circles for seeds. Glue seeds in center of sunflowers. Fill empty spots with assorted seeds. Let dry.
- 5. Design vase shape using paper and oil pastel crayons. Arrange students' sunflowers in vase. Use stapler and staples to attach each student's sunflower above vase on wall or bulletin board.