iLoveToCreate, a Duncan Enterprises Co.
Different Color Tees
- White cotton t-shirts, two (for each set)
- Tulip 1-step Fashion Dyes: Violet, Red, Fuchsia or Blue, Green, Turquoise
- Tulip: 3-D Fashion Paint: Black Slick; Soft Fabric Paint: Glacier White
- Tulip Fashion Form (or cardboard scrap)
- scissors, ruler, black marker, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Adults, help kids when using dyes.
- 2. Machine wash cotton shirts. Do not dry. Cover work surface with newspaper.
- 3. Position damp shirt on work surface. For fuchsia shirt, pinch fabric into semi-circular shape. Use rubber bands to secure on ends. Repeat process with other shirt so shirt is mirror-image. For blue shirt, starting at bottom end, scrunch shirt to shoulder and secure with rubber band. Gather another section of shirt and secure with rubber band. Repeat process with other shirt so shirt is mirror-image.
- 4. Wearing gloves, follow manufacturer's instructions to add water to dye bottles. Replace lid on bottles; shake bottles to mix dyes. Squeeze dye on shirts. Turn shirts over; repeat process. Let shirts set 4-6 hours.
- 5. Wearing gloves, cut rubber bands from shirts. Wash shirts in washing machine. Dry in dryer.
- 6. Insert Fashion Form or cardboard scrap between shirt layers. Use marker to draw half of heart shape or half of star shape onto side of shirt. Repeat drawing other half of heart or star on other shirt.
- 7. Paint hearts and stars Glacier White. Let dry.
- 8. Use Black Slick to write "Twinstastic" on center of shirts. Paint hearts or stars as desired. Let dry.