Shrink plastic, paints, and a clay pot are all you need to create your own festive pumpkin patch!
- Opaque shrink plastic, 1 sheet
- Clay pot, 4”
- Tulip Soft Brushable Fabric Paint: Yellow, Sunshine Yellow, Lime, Ebony, Mandarin Orange, White
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam ball, 2”
- Black wire, 18-gauge, 24” length
- Black fine-tip marker
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Liner paintbrush
- Aleene's Super Thick Tacky Glue
- scissors, pencil, soft cloth, sandpaper, transfer paper, pot holders
Pattern - Jack-O'-Lantern Patch
- 1. Sand one side of plastic sheet; wipe dust. Print and cut out patterns; transfer designs to sanded side of plastic sheet.
- 2. Thin paints with water. Paint the following: pumpkins and inner petals Mandarin Orange; leaves and stems Lime; petals Sunshine Yellow; sign White; cat's head and body Ebony. Paint alternating checks on flowerpot rim unthinned Sunshine Yellow and Yellow.
- 3. Transfer remaining details. Use liner to paint details Ebony and to dot cat's eyes Sunshine Yellow. Use black fine-tip marker to write lettering. Cut out shapes. Punch holes as indicated. Cut three 8" lengths from wire; thread wire lengths through flower and stem holes.
- 4. Follow manufacturer's instructions to shrink designs. Before plastic completely cools, use pot holder or gloves to slightly lift and shape each petal and adjust wire if needed. Remove designs from oven; let cool.
- 5. Twist wire into loops. Glue pumpkins to flowers and cat's head to body. Tie three bows from raffia; glue bows to flowers. Place 2" ball inside pot; cover with excelsior. Apply glue to wire ends; insert into ball.