- AMACO Balsa Foam: six 3"x3-1/2" rectangles
- Wooden dowel, 3" length
- Acrylic paints: silver, gold, blue, white
- All-purpose sealer
- Craft glue
- AMACO EZ Grip Tools
- Circle cookie cutter, 2"
- scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
Pattern - Dreidel Game
- 1. For dreidel, glue four 3"x3-1/2" balsa foam rectangles together, forming cube shape. Use carving tool to cut bottom edge creating pointed base. For top, insert 3" wooden dowel into top flat edge; spot glue.
- 2. Use circle cookie cutter to cut 20 circles (coins) from remaining balsa foam.
- 3. On covered work surface, paint ten coins gold and ten coins silver. Paint dreidel blue. Let dry.
- 4. Print out pattern. Transfer symbols onto each side of dreidel. Paint symbols white. Let dry.
- 5. Apply sealer onto dreidel. Let dry.
- 6. To play game, divide coins between players. To play a round, each player put a coin in center, or the "pot." The first player spins the dreidel. If the dreidel displays:
- 7. Nun: The player does nothing and the next player has a turn.
- 8. Gimel: The player gets the pot.
- 9. Hei: The player gets half the pot.
- 10. Shin: The player adds one piece to the pot.
- 11. The next player takes a turn and the round continues until each player has had a turn. The next round begins. The winner is the first person to get all of the coins.