Class Rules & Growth Chart
Check out these cool projects to make the transition from summer vacation to back-to-school more exciting! Teachers can set the tone for a productive year with this colorful and stylish "Class Rules" sign. Plus, create an easy-to-read chart to keep track of your child's growth throughout the school year.
- Basswood: 6"x24", 12" square
- Wooden items: four 12" rulers, one 3" circle, one 1" teardrop, one 1/2" teardrop
- Chipboard arrows, 3"
- Black number stickers
- Adhesive-back magnetic strip, 24" length
- Sawtooth hanger
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Primary Yellow, Lamp Black, Snow White, Santa Red, Citron Green
- Magnets, 1/2"
- Marvy Uchida DecoColor White Paint Marker
- Chalkboard paint and chalk (optional)
- scissors, ruler, black marker, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Class Rules sign is 16" square. Growth chart is 6"x24".
- Class Rules & Growth Chart
- 1. On covered work surface, paint 6"x24" basswood rectangle (chart) Primary Yellow. Paint 12" basswood square (rules) Lamp Black. Let dry. Paint chipboard arrows Lamp Black, circle (apple) Primary Red, and teardrops (leave) Citron Green. Let dry.
- 2. In plastic bowl, mix Primary Yellow with water, creating diluted wash. Paint rulers with wash mixture. Let dry.
- 3. Adhere magnets on back of arrows.
- 4. Adhere magnetic strip along edge of chart. Use black marker and ruler to mark inch increments on growth chart. Press number stickers at markings. Position arrows on magnetic strip.
- 5. Use white paint marker to write rules on center of rules board.
- 6. Adhere rulers around board edges and apple and leaves on bottom right of board. Let dry.
- 7. Use black marker to write teacher's name on apple.
- 8. Attach sawtooth hanger on back of rules board.
- 1. Create a fun chalkboard instead of a "Class Rules" sign by replacing the Lamp Black paint with chalkboard paint and using chalk instead of the white paint marker.