Pattern - Cheery Cherries & Bright Pears
- 1. Stain table except top or anywhere else you want a painted pattern showing.
- 2. Paint a 2-1/2" border (may be adjusted depending on size of table top) around edge of top Pink Chiffon. Base area inside border Taffy Cream. Using the 3/4" flat brush and Titanium White, paint diagonal stripes on Taffy Cream sections. Repeat in opposite direction for lattice background. Use large flat to float Scorching Yellow highlight down one side of each square formed by lattice.
- 3. Print and transfer fruit pattern.
- 1. Base Marigold. Using flat and Honey Brown, float shading on left side. Shade left pear on right side where it lies under middle pear. Mop to soften. Float a Burnt Umber C-shape to form blossom end areas.
- 2. Using floater and Scorching Yellow, highlight non-shaded. Note: To get a sketchy, whimsical look, use liner to stroke diagonal stripes with highlight color. Deepen shading with Alizarin Crimson, then tint entire shaded area Fiery Red. With liner: add diagonal stroked shine marks with Titanium White; add Burnt Umber blossom end dots; pull Burnt Umber stems.
- 3. Leaves are strokes of Hauser Med. Green. Highlight tops with Thermal Green diagonal stripes.
- 1. Base Peony Pink. Shade left side of each with Alizarin Crimson. Float Dioxazine Purple on lower left of each to deepen shading. Float Fiery Red on shaded sides.
- 2. Stems are Hauser Med. Green. Add shine and paint leaves in same way as above. Paint a Dioxazine Purple C-stroke to form stem end with liner.
- Border Stroke Cherries
- 1. Using #4 filbert on pink background, paint each with 2 strokes of Alizarin Crimson. Loosely outline each with Alizarin Crimson. Highlight each on left with a stroke of Fiery Red. Use liner to paint stroke leaves Hauser Lt. Green.
- 1. Float Indian Turquoise on left edges of all fruits for reflected light. Mop to soften if needed. Using large flat and Payne's Grey, float shade under cherry/pear design. Mop to soften.
- 2. Using liner and Indian Turquoise, paint a stripe between pink and plaid backgrounds. Dry thoroughly, then varnish.