DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint: Lamp Black, Burnt Orange, Snow White
Krylon Webbing Spray: Black
White paint marker
Wiggle eyes, two large
Wooden circle, 1"
DMC Color Infusions Memory Thread: Light Green
Hemp or black cording, 24" length
Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
Ellison Sizzix BigShot Die Cut Machine and Dies: Serif Essentials Font
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
1. Cut brown paper bag along one fold and along bottom edge. Cut off bottom of bag, creating two large rectangles. Position rectangles on top of one another. Using photo as guide, draw rounded cat body outline. Cut out cat body from both rectangles.
2. On covered work surface, paint body pieces Lamp Black. Paint wooden circle (nose) Burnt Orange. Let dry.
3. Glue body pieces together, leaving small area on bottom of body open. Stuff body with polyfil stuffing. Glue opening closed.
4. For sign, measure and cut 3-1/2"x6" rectangle from corrugated cardboard. Paint sign Snow White. Let dry. Follow manufacturer's instructions to spray sign with Black Webbing. Let dry.
5. Use machine and alphabet dies to cut "BOO" from black craft foam sheet. Glue "BOO" on sign.
6. For whiskers, measure and cut four 4" lengths of Light Green thread. Curl thread lengths and glue on face. Glue nose on top of whiskers and eyes above nose.
7. Use white paint marker to outline cat. Let dry.
8. Use hole punch to punch holes on neck and tail area of cat. Measure and cut 24" length of cording. Thread cording ends through holes; knot ends together.