Modern Mosaic Vase
size: 8"x3", 6"x3", 4"x3"
- Cylinder vases: 8”x3”, 6”x3”, 4”x3”
- Diamond Tech Venetian Tile: Lavender, 1 pkg; Light Lavender, 1 pkg.
- Diamond Tech Silver Tapestry Mirror, 3 pkgs.
- Jennifer’s Mosaics Bone Grout, 1-2 lbs.
- Jennifer’s Mosaics Wheeled Glass Nippers
- Diamond Tech Studio Pro Safety Glasses
- Adhesives: Eclectic Products E6000 Industrial Strength Adhesive, tape
- black permanent marker, latex or nitrile gloves, paper towels, cloth, newspaper or kraft paper, disposable cups, stirring spoon or paddle, pencil and paper
- 1. Cover work area with newspaper or kraft paper.
- 2. Measure and tape all the way around 8" cylinder vase 2" from top and 3" from bottom. Measure and tape all the way around 6" cylinder vase 1-1/2" from top and 2" from bottom. Measure and tape all the way around 4" cylinder vase 1" from top and bottom.
- 3. Measure and mark on a piece of paper a 3"x7" rectangle for the 8" vase, 2-1/2"x7" rectangle for the 6" vase and 2"x7" rectangle for the 4" vase.
- 4. Line top and bottom of 3"x7 rectangle with whole mirror squares spaced 1/8" apart. Line top and bottom of 2-1/2"x7" and 2"x7" rectangles with horizontal mirror squares nipped in half.
- 5. Place alternating columns of lavender and light lavender tiles between silver tiles as shown on each vase. Leave 1/8" space between each tile.
- 6. When satisfied with your layouts, adhere tiles in sections of 3" at a time between top and bottom taped guidelines from Step 2. Allow adhesive to set for 15 minutes before moving onto next section. To save time, work on additional vases as you wait for sections to dry. Allow adhesive to dry for at least two hours before grouting.
- 7. Mix one cup of grout with six tablespoons of water in disposable cup to reach consistency of peanut butter. Add small amount of water if grout is too stiff.
- 8. With a gloved hand, smooth grout over tile and fill in crevices. Remove excess grout. Run finger around top and bottom to even out edges. Let dry for 10 minutes.
- 9. Use damp sponge or paper towel to remove grout haze. Allow grout to set following manufacturer's instructions. When dry, buff with smooth cloth.