size: 12" across
- Creative Me Time Mosaic Butterfly Kit
- Variegated stained glass chips: green, teal, orange, rusty orange; solid bright yellow, solid black
- Flat-back marbles: black, 3/4”, eight; yellow, 3/4”, four; blue, 1-1/2”, two
- Black wire, 16-gauge, 8” length
- Wheeled glass nippers
- Wire cutters
- Black spray paint
- Gray sanded grout
- Tile/grout sealer
- Adhesives: Weldbond Universal Adhesive; two-part epoxy
- philips screwdriver, sponge, container of water, craft sticks, latex gloves, mixing bowl, glass cleaner and paper towels
- 1. Following manufacturer's instructions, spray back of wings, wire legs, and antenna black; let dry.
- 2. Adhere blue marbles in lower section of wings using Weldbond.
- 3. Adhere stained glass chips to wings, leaving 1/8" around outside edges and small gap between each piece. Cover top surface of wings, using nippers to cut chips to fit as necessary. Adhere black glass chips around side edges of wings. Let dry.
- 4. Gently bend wings at slight angle. Do not bend wings before glass chips are placed.
- 5. Assemble butterfly following manufacturer's instructions using screwdriver.
- 6. Adhere black marbles to center area of body. Cut four marbles in half to fill in along edges using nippers.
- 7. Adhere black glass chips to cover body including bottom side, leaving very small space around antennae wire holes.
- 8. Mix grout to peanut butter consistency following manufacturer's instructions. Spread grout over glass chips and marbles using craft stick or gloved hand. When working on antenna area, apply Weldbond to tip of antenna and insert into holes. Carefully apply grout around wires. Allow to set for 10-15 minutes. Gently remove excess grout using flat end of cut craft stick. Slowly wipe grout from surface of glass using damp sponge. Rinse sponge and wring out excess water. Let dry overnight; clean surface with glass cleaner and paper towels.
- 9. Follow manufacturer's instructions to mix two-part epoxy. Adhere yellow marbles on top of blue marbles and to upper corners of wings using epoxy. Let dry completely.
- 10. Apply sealer to surface following manufacturer's instructions.