Mosaic Flower Key Holder
Forget grout and breaking tiles as in traditional mosaics! This key holder is easy enough for even a beginner. Mom will surely be amazed at your gift this Mother's Day!
- Wood frame (with glass), 8"x10" opening
- Sheet glass, 8"x10"
- Diamond Tech Jennifer's Mosaic Stained Glass Chips: green, blue, yellow, white
- Blue ribbon, 7/8”, 25” length
- Metal hinges, 3-1/2”, two
- White porcelain doorknob, 1"
- Gold cup hooks, 1", three
- Screw eyes, 1", two
- Acrylic paints: light blue, white
- Glass nippers or hammer
- Aleene's Glass & Bead Adhesive
- ruler, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
Pattern - Mosaic Flower Key Holder
- 1. Remove glass from frame. Basecoat frame mixture of light blue and white and hinges blue. Print out pattern.
- 2. Use nippers or hammer to carefully break glass chips into assorted sizes. Position pattern underneath glass. Adhere chips to areas as follows, leaving small space between each: blue flower; green leaves; yellow center of flower; white background. Accent background with blue and green chips as desired.
- 3. Use hammer to attach hinges to frame, leaving 2" between. Screw doorknob, hooks, and screw eyes into frame. Refer to photo for placement.
- 4. Place sheet glass over mosaic design; place glass in frame. (Note: Sheet glass is needed to ensure safety from glass chips.)
- 5. For hanger, thread ribbon through screw eyes; tie bow.