Polyform Sculpey: Mini Cutters, Clay Conditioning Machine, Work Mat
Polyform Sculpey Gloss Glaze
Jacquard Lumiere Paint: Bronze, Gold
Tan sanded grout, small amount
White tacky glue
Parchment-lined baking sheet
sponge, foam brush, work gloves, paper bowl, water, toothpicks
1. Use Clay Conditioning machine to roll half package Peacock clay on #1 setting. Position clay sheet on work mat; cut out rectangle tiles from sheet. Remove remaining clay from around cut rectangles, creating approximately 54 rectangles. Repeat process creating 24 circles.
2. Use sponge to lightly dab tiles with Bronze paint. Let dry. Lightly dab tiles with Gold paint. Let dry.
3. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake tiles on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool completely.
4. Arrange tiles on frame, beginning at corners, leaving 1/8" area between. Begin with circle tile and arrange five rectangular tiles around each. Fill in remaining areas on frame, alternating rows of horizontal and vertical tiles.
5. Once satisfied with design, squeeze small amount glue on paper scrap. Use toothpick to apply dab of glue onto back of tile. Press tiles on frame. Let set for three hours. Apply Gloss Glaze onto tiles. Let dry.
6. Follow manufacturer's instructions to mix grout and water in bowl until mud consistency. Apply grout onto frame. Wipe surface with damp sponge. Let frame dry overnight.