Pattern - Flamingo Fun Stepping Stone
- 1. On covered work surface and wearing mask, follow manufacturer's instructions to mix Outdoor Cement.
- 2. Pour cement slowly and evenly into mold. Gently tap sides of mold to release air bubbles in cement. Do not move mold while cement is drying. Wait approximately 24 hours (time may vary due to climate) for cement to harden. The cement will warm as it hardens. Once cement has cooled and is set, remove stone by turning mold over and lifting up on edges of mold.
- 3. Print out pattern. Transfer pattern onto stepping stone.
- 4. Using photo as guide, arrange glass tiles on surface of stone, leaving 1/8" areas between tiles and around outer edges. Use wheeled glass nippers to nip tiles into smaller pieces to fit inside pattern outline. When satisfied with design, apply glue onto back of tiles and press firmly onto stepping stone. Let glue set.
- 5. Follow manufacturer's instructions to mix grout and water in plastic bowl. Use craft stick to mix until grout is of "fudge-like" consistency. Wearing gloves, use craft stick to spread grout on stepping stone, filling areas between tiles. Let set for 15 minutes.
- 6. Gently wipe excess grout from stepping stone. Use soft cloth to buff tiles. Let dry for 24 hours.
- 1. One 5 oz. bag of stained glass chips is approximately 50 pieces. This will cover a 6"x6" square area with a 1/8" grout line.