Make a welcome retreat for our feathered friends! Create this mosaic birdbath with seashell accents for your garden or cottage décor.
- Clay pot with saucer, 11” diameter
- Tiles: blue/gray, light blue, white
- Blue flat-backed marbles, 16 oz. pkg.
- Conch-shaped seashells, 12 to 14
- Mirror, 3” round
- Mosaic grout
- Plaid Apple Barrel Gloss White Paint
- Topcoat Sealer
- Tile Adhesive
- sponge, soft cloth, craft stick, gloves, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Clean pot and saucer. Basecoat inside saucer White.
- 2. Protect work surface with newspaper; turn pot upside down. Follow manufacturer's instructions to prepare adhesive. Using photo as guide and working from top to bottom, adhere tiles 1/8" to 1/4" apart to pot. (Note: Apply adhesive with craft stick; press tiles firmly in place and hold for several seconds.) Let dry.
- 3. Adhere mirror to inside center of saucer. Adhere the following rows around mirror: white tiles; alternating white tiles/marbles; white tiles. Adhere row of blue/gray tiles to inside saucer sides and a row of white tiles to outside sides. Adhere alternating marbles and seashells to rim. Let dry.
- 4. Prepare grout. Wearing gloves, use fingers to spread grout over tiled surfaces of pot and saucer, pressing into grooves and cracks. (Note: Place saucer on top of three empty cans to elevate.) Smooth grout evenly. Let sit 10 minutes.
- 5. Wipe off excess grout with damp sponge; rinse sponge. Continue wiping with clean, damp sponge until tops of tiles, marbles, and mirror are clean. Let dry 24 hours. Buff with a soft cloth. Apply sealer.
- 1. Bring birdbath indoors during freezing weather.