This idea was originally published in our 2016 Winter issue. Subscribe today and save off newsstand prices! You’ll get ALL the projects delivered to you in six jam-packed issues per year.
1. Color desired images from coloring book using markers or colored pencils.
2. Photocopy colored images on dry toner copier; reduce or enlarge as needed to fit t-shirt or onesie. Print and cut out leaving ¼” border around image.
3. Place cardboard or hard surface inside shirt.
4. Place images right side up on a piece of wax paper. Apply a liberal smooth coat of photo transfer to images. You should not be able to see your image.
5. Carefully peel up images and place transfer medium side down on shirt. Cover with wax paper and lightly roll transfer medium bottle over image to smooth. Wipe away any excess from shirt.
6. Refer to manufacturer’s instructions for curing times.
7. Blot cured images with wet sponge and begin to lightly rub away paper in a circular motion. Wet and wipe away paper repeatedly until all paper is removed.
8. Paint details with liner brush and fabric ink.