PVC pipes, 4”x5”, four; 1½”x5”, five
Krylon: Plastic Primer, Plastic Spray Paint in color of choice
Mod Podge Clear Finishing Spray
Eclectic Products E6000 Industrial Strength Adhesive
This idea was originally published in our 2016 Garden issue. Subscribe today and save off newsstand prices! You’ll get ALL the projects delivered to you in six jam-packed issues per year.
1. Sand edges of PVC pipes to remove any sharp areas.
2. Refer to photo and lay out design on flat covered surface with pipes standing up.
3. Adhere pipes together one by one standing up. Hold each connection together for 30-60 seconds to fully adhere. Once all pieces are adhered, hold together for a few minutes to secure. Let dry for two hours.
4. Gently tug on pipes to check that they are fully adhered. Spray rack with primer in a well-ventilated area. Let dry for 30 minutes.
5. Spray rack with spray paint and let dry for 30 minutes. Continue to apply even coats every 30 minutes until desired color is achieved. Let dry for one hour.
6. Spray rack with finishing spray. Let dry for two hours before using.