Pattern - Soap Making Tips
- 1. To prepare chunk soap, use 1/2 cup melted clear soap for each color used. Add several drops of fragrance and liquid colorant; stir. Pour melted soap into mold, filling one cavity completely, then lightly spray with alcohol. If filling all four mold cavities with different colors, follow same instructions using different color until all four mold cavities are completed. Let set completely.
- 2. For each soap bar, 1/4 cup melted white soap is needed. While white soap is melting, prepare soap chunks from soap bars. Once soap bars are set, release bars from mold. Use knife to cut each soap bar into chunks. Add several drops of fragrance and colorant to melted white soap; stir.
- 3. Pour small amount of melted soap to cover one cavity bottom in mold; spray with alcohol. Spray soap chunks and carefully scatter a layer of chunks in mold cavity over melted soap. Spray all chunk surfaces. Pour enough melted soap to almost cover chunks; spray. Repeat until cavity is filled.
- 4. Repeat process until all cavities are filled. Either make soap chunk bars in one color, or mix and match different color chunks for a more colorful bar.
- 5. Let cool, then release soaps from mold. Wrap soaps in plastic wrap until ready to use. Wrap soaps with papers and ribbons if desired.
- Soap Melting Instructions
- 1. SOAP KETTLE METHOD: Use knife to cut clear soap brick into cubes; place into Soap Kettle. Follow manufacturer's instructions to melt soap. (Note: Do not leave Soap Kettle unattended. Soap Kettle holds a maximum of 5 lb. of soap.)
- 2. MICROWAVE METHOD: Cut clear soap brick into cubes, then place into microwave-safe measuring cup. Heat for 40 seconds, then in 10-second intervals until soap is completely melted. Stir in between melting intervals.
- 3. CAUTION: Melted soap is very hot, so be extremely careful.