Grafix Impress Print Media: Monoprint Plates, Inking Palette, Stencil Film
Papertrey Ink: Faux Snow, Stitched Snowflake Die, Fancy Flakes Die Set
Blick Matte Acrylic Paint: Green Blue Light, Blue Violet Light, Blue Violet Medium, Dark Blue Medium, Silver Metallic; Matte Acrylic Extender
Plaid Apple Barrel White Acrylic Paint
Ranger Stickles Icicle Glitter Glue
Adhesives: Grafix Artist-tac Permanent Dry Adhesive; Therm O Web 3-D Foam Strips, iCraft Deco Foil Foam; tape
Foam brayer, 4”
paper trimmer, scissors, tweezers, paintbrush and palette, teaspoon
1. Cut 11"x11" panel from white printmaking paper. Die cut assorted snowflake images from Stencil Film.
2. Place 1 tsp. of each paint color onto palette and mix with 1/2 tsp. of extender. Apply paint to monoprint plate using paintbrush. Mix colors and smooth out layer of paint with brayer.
3. Press paper onto plate and smooth with hands; peel up to reveal first layer of print. Repeat this process until desired coverage is achieved. Alternate positive and negative stencils on top of monoprint plate before pressing paper. Stagger stencil position and alternate placement of paint colors to create layered snowflake monoprint.
4. Add additional snowflake images by laying negative snowflake stencils on top and paint around opening with fingers or brayer. Let dry. Adhere painted stencil to monoprint with foam adhesive. Apply glitter glue over top.
5. Size woodland die-cut image to 8"x8" and cut from Black Cling Film. Carefully remove negative pieces using craft tweezers. Apply image to 12"x12" sheet of Clear Craft Plastic. Cut pieces of Silver Sequin Funky Film to fit behind pinecones and acorn tops. Apply few pieces of dry adhesive to front of film; adhere to back of craft plastic so silver side shows through.
6. Cut strips of Silver Metallic Foil Board to fit interior frame of shadow box. Adhere using dry adhesive.
7. To assemble frame, adhere piece of chipboard to back of monoprint. Adhere chipboard to frame back using foam strips. Insert craft plastic in place of glass and position interior frame. Place frame face down and add faux snow along bottom edges. Attach back piece and secure in place.