Candy Cane Cones with Mesh Tubing Ribbon
Dow Chemical Co. & STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Silver glitter self-adhesive scrapbook paper, 12”x12”
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam Cones: 9”x4”; 12”x4”, two
- Mesh tube ribbon: red, silver
- Pearl head pins
- Serrated kitchen knife
- Exacto blade with sharp point
- Bar of soap or old candle
- Glue gun and sticks
- 1. For solid red cone, squeeze small amount adhesive around base of cone and wrap red tube ribbon around. Continue adhering and wrapping red ribbon around cone. If needed, use straight pins to temporarily hold ribbon in place.
- 2. Spiral red ribbon around cone top, pin, and adhere in place. Remove pins once adhesive dries.
- 3. For candy cane cone, wax serrated knife blade with bar of soap or old candle. Slice off 1-1/2" from 12" cone base.
- 4. Following Step 1, wrap and adhere red tube ribbon around cone twice. Skip a row to create a 1/2" gap. Repeat to cover entire cone. Fill in gaps by wrapping silver tube ribbon around cone.
- 5. For the silver loop cone, remove paper backing from self-adhesive scrapbook paper and wrap around 12" cone. Trim away excess paper and fill in gaps with scrap pieces. If needed, use straight pins to hold paper in place.
- 6. Cut 65 5" lengths of silver rube ribbon. To make loops, place a dot of adhesive onto end of cut piece and pinch ends together. Place ribbon loops onto cone in rows slightly overlapping using pearl head pins.
- 7. Cut 1/2" slit to top of cone using Exacto blade. Make three small loops of ribbon and tuck ends of loops into cut slit. Secure with adhesive if needed.