A sketchbook or art journal can be a unique way to record thoughts and ideas. With a feminine vintage feel, this book invites you to open its pages and create with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft's amazing Gelatos® Colors, Textural Accents, and tools!
- Prima Marketing: Spiral Bound Mixed Media Journal; Divine Collection Paper Pad, Uppercase Canvas Letter Stickers, Paper Clips; flowers of choice, Say It With Crystals Black Arrow Stickers
- May Arts ribbon of choice
- Lace doily
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft: Gelatos in Banana, Blood Orange, Snow Cone; Textural Accents Gesso, Gel Medium, Whipped Spackle; PITT Black Artist Pen; Gelatos Tool Set; Essentials Tool Set
- Hexagon stencil
- Black india ink
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Fabric Glue, craft adhesive
- paper trimmer, scissors, old plastic card, shallow dish, heat tool
- 1. Size is 7-1/2"x9-1/2".
- 1. Cut papers into twelve 2"x2" squares. Apply gel to journal cover with brush. Brush gel on square backs to ensure good bond; place on cover. Smooth papers down with plastic card to eliminate air bubbles.
- 2. When gel is dry, apply small amount of watered-down gesso over papers to create "white-wash" look. Let dry.
- 3. Stencil hexagons randomly on cover using spackle spread with palette knife. Let dry.
- 4. One color at a time, shave off a bit of Gelatos into shallow dish with palette knife. Drop water onto color; mix. Return color mix to dropper and drip down on top of cover. Dry drips with heat tool before advancing to next color.
- 5. Draw hexagons on cover using stencil and pen. Drip ink on cover by gently flicking end of paintbrush.
- 6. Cut 1-1/2"x3" paper strip; notch end to create pennant look. Slide clip on short straight side of pennant.
- 7. Adhere pennant and doily to upper right corner of cover. Tie ribbon in bow; adhere near doily. Group flowers and adhere over doily with fabric adhesive.
- 8. Embellish cover with arrow and letter stickers.
- 1. Extra gel medium can be brushed over entire cover after adhering paper squares. Gel medium dries mostly matte so it will act as a sealant.