Vintage Charm Card Organizer
- Small box-type vintage suitcase with smooth hard surface
- Assorted coordinating fabric
- Assorted coordinating scrapbook papers
- Cork letters
- Wooden clothespin
- Coodinating trim: lace, 2”; rick rack
- Aleene’s Adhesives: Liquid Fusion Clear Urethane Glue, Collage Pauge Matte Instant Decoupage, Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Tape
- scissors, ruler, flat paintbrush, disposable plate, measuring tape, 4”x4” cardboard square
- 1. Cut fabric into strips to fit around bottom portion of suitcase.
- 2. Pour puddle of découpage medium onto plate. Working in sections, brush découpage medium onto suitcase bottom, then press fabric strips into medium to adhere. Cover entire bottom of suitcase, working around any hardware.
- 3. Cut fabric to fit top of suitcase. Adhere fabric as before, working around any hardware.
- 4. Adhere rick rack along edges of fabric strips and around top of suitcase using urethane glue.
- 5. Measure perimeter of inside suitcase bottom. Cut section of fabric to fit, adding 1" at top to fold over for clean edge. Fold over top edge of fabric 1"; adhere with fabric tape. Adhere fabric to inner suitcase wall with fabric tape. Smooth with fingers.
- 6. Measure and cut scrapbook paper to fit underside of lid. Adhere in place with urethane glue.
- 7. Adhere lace trim to inside edge of lid as shown using urethane glue. Add two strips of lace down center for embellishment.
- 8. Using urethane glue, adhere rick rack to wooden clothespin; adhere clothespin inside lid onto lace to hold calendar.
- 9. Adhere cork letters to spell "card" inside lid.
- 10. Make coordinating pom-pom by cutting 1/2" strips of fabric from project remnants. Wind strips around cardboard square. Pull out square and tie center with fabric strip. Cut loops and trim into pom-pom shape. Tie to suitcase handle using rick rack.
- 11. Create personalized tabs and dividers using scrapbook paper and urethane glue.
- 1. Show off your personality with your fabric, paper, and trim choices. Go girly, geometric, classic... whatever suits your fancy!