Floral Origami Gift Box
Heartfelt Creations (heartfeltcreations.us)
Create a one-of-a-kind origami gift box to showcase a special gift for a friend!
- Cardstock: white, lilac
- Heartfelt Creations Cut Mat Create Paper Collection (HCDP1 245)
- Pearl gems
- Glitter glue
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting and Embossing Machine (452255)*
- Dies: Heartfelt Creations Cut Mat Create 2A (HCD2 751) and 2B (HCD2 752), Classic Leaf (HCD 736), Sun Kissed Fleur (HCD 734); Spellbinders Labels One, Grand Decorative Labels One
- Heartfelt Creations PreCut Stamp Sets: Birds and Blooms (HCPC 3617), Open Leaf (HCPC 3545), Sun Kissed Fleur (HCPC 3533)
- McGill Paper Tools*: Paper Blossoms Tool Kit (459222), Paper Blossoms Molding Mat (159223), Paper Shaping Tools and Piercing Mat (048749)
- Inks: Ranger Tim Holtz Peeled Paint Distress Ink, lilac
- Alcohol-based pens
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, foam pads, hot glue gun with glue sticks
- *Products available from Heartfelt Creations
- bone folder, ruler, score board
- 1. Visit card-making-magic.com/origamiboxtutorial.html to create box body using paper from Cut Mat Create Paper Collection. Also create the lid base from white cardstock. If reverse side of chosen paper is incompatible with overall design, cover with triangles of coordinating paper. Adhere pearl gems along edges of triangles.
- 2. Adhere desired flowers, leaves, and swirls to sides of box body.
- 3. Die cut Grand Decorative Label from cardstock for box base; ink edges lilac. Adhere to box bottom.
- 4. Die cut Labels One Label from cardstock for box lid top; ink edges lilac. Adhere to lid base.
- 5. Stamp main image on white cardstock; color as desired. Die cut image; mat with lilac cardstock. Die cut larger label from same paper as box base. Adhere matted image panel to label using foam; adhere label panel to box lid using foam.
- 6. Adhere desired leaves and flowers to box lid as shown.