Who looks forward to laundry day? It's the lucky crafter who knows that with every load she'll have another dryer sheet for making these sweetly-scented sachets!
- Recycled fabric softener sheets, two
- Victorian-themed rub-on transfers of choice
- Trim of choice, 14” length
- Pearl string, 3mm, 7” length
- Rose petals, lavender buds, or scented batting (filler)
- Iron and pressing surface
- Sewing machine with matching thread
- Acrylic varnish
- Therm O Web HeatnBond Lite Iron-on Adhesive
- 1. Sizes shown are 2-1/2" square and 2-1/2"x4". (Note: Materials listed are for one sachet only.)
- 1. For small sachet, cut three 3-1/2" squares from fabric softener sheets and one 3-1/2" square from iron-on adhesive. (Note: For large sachet, cut same number 3-1/2"x5" rectangles instead.)
- 2. Fuse iron-on adhesive to one fabric softener sheet square/rectangle; remove paper backing. Apply rub-on transfer to adhesive side of sheet; fuse additional sheet on top of design.
- 3. With right sides together, sew fused sheets to remaining sheet with 1/4" seam, leaving one side open. Turn right side out; stuff with filler of choice.
- 4. Turn under raw edges and stitch closed. Hand sew trim around edges. Tie bow from pearl string; stitch to sachet.
- 5. Apply light coat of varnish over design. Let dry.
- 1. Add a drop or two of scented essential oil to batting.
- Other Options
- 1. Embellish sachets with fabric paint.
- 2. Create different shaped sachets.