Thank You Card - Garden Paper
Craft this card as a creative way to thank neighbors and friends who are always sharing the bounty of their garden with you.
Thank You Card
- Jillibean Soup: Jellybean Green Note Card, Baby Carrots Paper, Etched Flowers Wood Buttons, Thank You Wooden Flag
- Textured cardstock: dark brown, gold, orange, light green, black
- Wooden skewer
- May Arts Ribbons: Solid Ivory/Green Checkered Ribbon, 7/8”; 400 Yard String Burlap Ribbon in Ivory, Natural
- Xyron Adhesives: Mega Runner, 1/4” Double-Sided Tape, Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit Liquid Adhesive, 3/8” Adhesive Dots, 3/16” Adhesive Dots
- Die-cutting machine and carrot die of choice
- Brown ink pad
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler
- 1. Cut 3-3/4"x5" dark brown cardstock panel. Cut 3-5/8"x4-7/8" Baby Carrots panel; ink edges brown. Mat panels together using Xyron Mega Runner.
- 2. Cut 4-1/4" length of checkered ribbon. Wrap around dark brown panel, securing with Xyron 1/4" Double-Sided Tape. Adhere panel to note card using Xyron Mega Runner.
- 3. Cut 2-1/2"x1-1/4" strip from green side of Baby Carrots paper. Dove-tail cut right side to create flag shape; ink edges. Adhere flag to gold cardstock with Xyron 1/4" Double-Sided Tape, insetting 1/8" from straight edge. Trim gold cardstock to 1/8" around flag shape to mat.
- 4. Using Xyron Mega Runner, adhere flag to card over top of ribbon as shown.
- 5. Adhere wooden "Thank You" flag to center of green flag using Xyron 1/4" Double-Sided Tape.
- 6. Cut skewer to desired length. Wrap Ivory burlap ribbon around skewer in criss-cross pattern and secure on back side using Xyron 3/16" Adhesive Dots. Tie bow at top of skewer. Adhere skewer to left side of green flag as shown using additional Xyron 3/16" Adhesive Dots.
- 7. Using die-cutting machine, die cut three carrots and all layers from cardstock. Adhere layers together using Clear Hold Adhesive in Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit by Xyron. Adhere carrots to card over flags and skewer with Xyron 3/8" Adhesive Dots.
- 8. Thread Natural burlap ribbon through Etched Flowers Wood Button; tie bow in back. Using Xyron 3/8" Adhesive Dot, adhere button to right side of card.
- 1. Create your own wooden sentiment flag by substituting chipboard, acrylic, or cardstock stamped with "Thank You."