Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
size: 26" tall
- FloraCraft Make It: Fun Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Blocks, 7/16”x11-7/8”x11-7/8”, two
- White wire tree, 9” diameter, 26” tall
- Pink heart-shaped gems, 3/4” diameter, six
- Glitter ribbon, 3/8”-wide, 1-1/4 yds. each: dark pink, purple, silver
- Heart-shaped open metal cookie cutters: 2-1/4”, 3”
- Design Master ColorTool Spray Color: Raspberry, Perfect Pink, Hyacinth; Silver Glitter Spray
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Tools: 12”x12” Self Healing Cutting Mat, 5” Precision Tip Scissors, 12” Metal Ruler
- Glue gun and sticks
- newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Place first foam block on cutting mat. Press cookie cutter through foam; remove heart from cutter. Repeat to make nine large and nine small hearts. (Note: To smooth cut foam edges, rub foam scrap against surface.)
- 2. In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, spray fronts and backs of three large and three small hearts in each color: Raspberry, Perfect Pink, Hyacinth. Let dry. Spray all hearts with Silver Glitter. Let dry.
- 3. Cut 6" ribbon lengths for hanging loops, four from each color.
- 4. Beginning at top left of photo and using photo as guide, fold and adhere ends of one 6" silver ribbon length to back of one small Hyacinth heart. With heart points aligned, adhere small Hyacinth heart to large Raspberry heart. Adhere gem to center of small heart. Create second stacked heart in same way as first.
- 5. Repeat Step 4 to create two more stacked hearts in each following color combination: small Raspberry heart, purple ribbon hanger, large Perfect Pink heart; small Perfect Pink heart, dark pink ribbon hanger, large Hyacinth heart. Set aside all stacked hearts.
- 6. For remaining single hearts, adhere ribbon hangers to backs as follows: silver to Perfect Pink hearts, purple to Raspberry hearts, dark pink to Hyacinth hearts.
- 7. To create bows for single hearts, cut one 1" and one 3" length of ribbon to match hanger. (Note: You will need to make two bows of each color.) Fold in ends of 3" ribbon length to meet at center; adhere to secure. Wrap 1" ribbon length around center of bow to create loop, adhering ends at back; trim excess ribbon. Adhere bow to top of heart.
- 8. Make and adhere additional bows to wire tree branches as shown.
- 1. To use tree year-round, omit bows from branches. Cut eggs from foam for Easter, stars for Fourth of July, pumpkins for Halloween, etc.