Sending You Smiles Card
Sending You Smiles Card
- Bazzill Basics Paper Cardstock: White, Coal, Chocolate, Tangelo, Bee Wax, Chablis, Petunia, Sweetheart, Bahama, Bazzill Green, Highland, Granny Smith
- WorldWin Papers Cutmates Darks Collection Cardstock Pack (Ripe Tomatoes)
- Silver craft foil
- Kaisercraft Wine Self-Adhesive Rhinestones
- Turquoise double-faced satin ribbon, 1/2”-wide
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Dies: Shapeabilities Ornate Squares (S5-166), Shapeabilities Expandable Patterns Grateful Lattice (S5-164), Nestabilities Card Creator 5”x7” Matting Basics B (S6-002), Nestabilities Labels Sixteen (S4-301) and Labels Thirty (S5-157)
- Penny Black, Inc. “T for Transparent” Sweet Wishes Clear Stamp Set (30-104)
- Acrylic block
- Sanding block
- Clearsnap ColorBox Stylus Set
- Clearsnap ColorBox Ink Pads: Pigment Frost White, Archival Dye Wicked Black
- Adhesives: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L White Thin 3-D Foam Squares, Beacon Adhesives 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue, removable tape
- paper trimmer, scoring tool, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber
- 1. Make 5-1/8"x7" white side-fold card.
- 2. Cut 6"x8" white cardstock panel. Place Matting Basics B template #7 on cardstock. Place Grateful Lattice within Matting Basics B template. Secure dies with removable tape. Die cut/emboss nested shape from cardstock.
- 3. Remove templates from cardstock and set aside cut-out shapes for future project, if desired. Mat lattice on black cardstock.
- 4. Die cut/emboss one row of Grateful Lattice from each remaining cardstock color. Before removing shapes from die template, use sponge dauber to stencil white ink through die openings.
- 5. Using photo as guide, fill in each row of lattice with different cardstock color; adhere with 3-in-1 glue. Let dry.
- 6. Die cut/emboss Ornate Squares label from craft foil; lightly sand raised surface.
- 7. Weave 3" length of ribbon through holes on each end of label, leaving ends loose. Set aside.
- 8. Die cut/emboss Labels Thirty template #4 from black cardstock. Stencil inside edges of opening using sponge dauber and white ink; leave center of opening black.
- 9. Die cut/emboss Labels Sixteen template #3 from white cardstock. Stamp Tuxedo Black sentiment as shown. Adhere rhinestone above "i" in "smiles."
- 10. Stack and adhere three labels together as shown, leaving foil label ends free and using foam squares beneath white label. Adhere layered label to lattice panel.
- 11. Fold ribbon ends to back of lattice panel and adhere with glue; let dry. Adhere panel to card front.
- 1. To create enough components to make 13 cards in this style, simply cut each Grateful Lattice shape from a 4-3/4"x6-3/4" cardstock panel.